Reasons Why The Demand For Cloud Applications Is Soaring High
- June 1, 2021
- Posted by: Amogh Balaji
- Category: App Development
A majority of services, be it entertainment, e-commerce, or any other, have transitioned to the cloud. This move is enabling businesses to work with great flexibility and at an unprecedented pace.
More businesses are showing a keen interest to develop cloud applications and implement them in their workflows. Software as a Service (SaaS) is fast replacing conventional desktop applications, and there are many reasons why this is happening.
In this article, we take a look at what’s driving this trend.
There are two major reasons – the limitations of desktop applications and the features that cloud applications offer.
Shortcomings of desktop applications
Desktop applications were once the only type of software that was available. That has fast changed since the emergence of cloud-based software. Let’s take a look at some of the shortcomings of desktop applications.
- Cumbersome updates – Deployment of software updates requires individuals to manually update the software on their respective computers.
- Immobility – Desktop applications are not portable. They can only be used on the machine that they are installed on.
- Costly – Physical on-premise servers and processing units are required to power up desktop software. It is immensely expensive, not to mention the maintenance costs.
- OS-specific – Desktop applications are built to work on specific Operating Systems. It poses many challenges in terms of interoperability.
Why cloud application development services are skyrocketing
Cloud applications offer a great number of features that are immensely advantageous for businesses. Let’s take a look at what they are:
- Mobility – As cloud applications are hosted on the cloud, they can be accessed from anywhere at any time. All that is required is a device that supports the internet and a browser.
- Seamless collaboration – Business collaborators from across the world can create, modify and share files with each other in real-time.
- Simple updates – Deploying updates via the cloud is easy. By updating the main software on the cloud server, all of the software services, no matter what device it is installed on, get auto-updated.
- Cost-effective – Cloud-based applications are powered by cloud servers. All of the storage, processing power, and more are sourced from the cloud. Cloud service providers offer pay-as-you-go models. Furthermore, the maintenance of the server is taken care of by the vendor.
- Back up – Cloud applications regularly create backup points. So during data loss or corruption, the software applications can make a quick recovery using the backups.
It is difficult for businesses to surpass today’s competition without transitioning to the cloud. Seamlessly develop and use extraordinary applications in your business and unlock profit-boosting business opportunities. At SmartPoint, we offer cost-effective, agile, transparent, and quality cloud application development services. Get to know our team and how we help transform your business by contacting us today.