• Establish mechanisms for data backup/restore of relational databases; provide restoration services as needed
• Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications .
• Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
• Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
• Build and support database replication for high availability (MySQL, DB2,ES).
• Work with engineering as needed.
• Plan and execute DB cleanup.
• Provide support on Database related issues.
• Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
• Setup monitoring and take appropriate action.
• Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (shell, Python, Perl,VBS,WSH).
• Hands on in MySQL and DB2, Elastic Search and must have handled Large Volume Database
• Familiarity with programming languages API
• Master in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
• Master in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Expert experience in implementing operational automation.
• Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching.
• Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
• Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as Oracle, MongoDB, etc.
• Experience with open source/linux development and production environment
• Experience in Cluster and Big Data is a plus.
• Problem solving skills and communication is necessary .